Health & Wellness
- Dr. Kaminer of UConn Health is conducting a research study about marijuana, alcohol, and depression among teens. Participants wanted.
- DrugRehab.com provides parents with helpful advice about teen drug abuse
- Learn about bullying at Stopbullyingspeakup.org
- Resources for parents, patients, and families from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Parent tip sheets from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- Health resources for parents from the National Library of Medicine
- Parent information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Children’s health initiatives from the American Heart Association
- Inter Community Mental health resources
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Alternative Investment Coach is a wonderful resource that organizes the many excellent websites out there that can teach kids (or help parents and educators) about personal finance, business, and economics.
- Help kids grow their money skills with parenting resources from the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Money pointers for parents and kids from The Mint
- Personal finance advice for families from the University of Minnesota
- Parents’ guide to financial aid from FinAid.org
- List of all U.S. federal government benefits from Benefits.gov
- Financial programs and services from the Administration for Children & Families — a division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Technology & Media
- The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) provides parents with a platform to rate and review movies and television shows.
- Common Sense Media empowers parents, teachers, and policymakers by providing unbiased information, trusted advice, and innovative tools to help them harness the power of media and technology as a positive force in all kids’ lives.
- PBS Parents provides tips and strategies for raising children in a digital age
- The Center on Media and Child Health (CMCH) at Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH) is an academic research center whose mission is to educate and empower children and those who care for them to create and consume media in ways that optimize children’s health and development.
- CyberWise online safety education for parents and teachers — helps parents and educators understand online safety, digital citizenship, online privacy, reputation management, and more so they can help kids embrace technology safely and wisely.
- OnGuardOnline.gov is the U.S. federal government’s website to help you be safe, secure and responsible online.
- iKeepSafe helps your child become a responsible, ethical digital citizen with healthy online relationships.
- Marriage and relationship resources from the National Healthy Marriage Resource Center
- Health marriage and responsible fatherhood resources from the Administration for Children & Families — a division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- LGBT marriage resources from the Human Rights Campaign
- The National Resource Center for Healthy Marriage and Families promotes the value of healthy marriage and relationship education skills and encourages their integration into safety-net service systems as a holistic approach to strengthening families.
- Sesame Street provides tools to help your child through divorce
- The U.S. Department of Education provides parents with resources related to early childhood education, special education, and helping your child learn.
- A variety of resources from the National Education Association
- The National Association for Gifted Children supports the needs of high potential learners
- The Gifted Child Society is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1957 by parents of New Jersey to further the cause of gifted children.
- Mensa for Kids offers resources for families with intelligent children
- The Center for Parenting Education is a wonderful non-profit that provides parenting support and education to families.
- The Center for Parenting Information and Resources provides a library of helpful links for parents
- The Child Welfare Information Gateway helps parents find tips, resources, and help on a variety of topics related to child and family wellbeing
- The Fred Rogers Company builds on Fred’s legacy in innovative ways through a wide variety of media, and engaging new generations of children and families with his timeless wisdom.
- A comprehensive set of resources from kids.gov
- LGBT parenting resources from the Human Rights Campaign
- Tufts University’s Child & Family WebGuide