Code of Conduct
Effective May 1st, 2015
In addition to abiding by the terms of our User Agreement, Yellowbrick users are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. Yellowbrick is an educational website focused on parenting. It is a place where experts, researchers, and parents can support each other and learn from one another as they discuss parenting issues and everyday concerns.
We realize that some of the conversations and topics carry a lot of opinion and are fueled by emotion. Regardless of your personal values and opinions, we ask that members treat one another with the utmost respect.
We ask members to be non-judgmental and non-aggressive with each other and to engage in healthy, productive dialogue that moves our community forward. We ask members to interact in a manner that their children would be proud of – a manner that sets an example to our children of how to have serious and passionate conversations while maintaining tolerance, compassion, and respect for other members of the community.
Interact with each other as if your children were watching!
We expect everyone to join in policing the site. However, Yellowbrick may appoint moderators to assist in doing so. Moderators may be community members as well as staff. Yellowbrick moderators and staff have the right to remove any content that does not meet the stated standards of engagement. Those include, but are not limited to:
- Don’t harass, threaten, or troll other members of the community.
- Don’t curse at, belittle, or call each other names. This includes hate speech directed at individuals or groups based on sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnic origin, religion, political affiliation, disability, gender, age, nationality, or veteran status.
- Don’t downvote content just because you personally disagree with the values or opinions expressed. Upvote content you perceive to be useful; downvote content that is not.
- Don’t participate in vote brigading. This includes manipulating votes, buying votes, and encouraging people or groups to vote a certain way.
- Don’t dox other community members. Doxing is the act of posting another individual’s personal information or financial information without their consent.
- Don’t post content or take any action that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
If any content is found to violate this Code of Conduct or any term in our User Agreement, it will be removed. If any community member feels abused or harassed, that member should immediately notify a moderator or a member of our staff.
Thank you for helping to make Yellowbrick a fun, safe, and enjoyable environment for all users.
John and Matt