Dr. Kristine Schlichting, PhD, aka Dr. K, is an innovator, entrepreneur, expert problem solver, and change agent fusing together the principles of psychology, organizational behavior, coaching, and wellness. She is the Director of Hopewell Health Solutions Inc. – a multi-disciplinary psychology group practice in Glastonbury, CT. Dr. K is a Licensed Psychologist in the state of Connecticut and earned her Doctorate in Psychology from the University of Connecticut. She also received specialized training in both Cognitive-Behavioral and Solution-Focused Therapy during her Masters degree training at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Over the past ten years, Dr. K has “broken the box” of traditional talk therapy to develop a new model (i-Therapy) for change which is based on recent developments in neuroscience. Brain-based i-Therapy at HHS is active, dynamic, and collaborative; this therapy requires discipline, practice, and collaboration. I-Therapy is an effective, short-term treatment that is strength-based and goal-oriented. Guiding her staff in this treatment ensures that every HHS therapist’s work is rooted in this practice.
Dr. K has conducted research in the areas of anxiety, group dynamics, and video self- modeling. Her innovative research has been published in various articles and books. She travels throughout New England providing consultation, seminars, and trainings for conferences, medical offices, schools, and corporation.
Dr. K is a fierce advocate committed to helping all children and adults reach their fullest potential. She also is a mother to a child with dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD, and learning disabilities so she understands firsthand the struggle many parents face. In her free time, she enjoys having adrenaline filled adventures with her husband and her children.
Dr. K offers:
- Intensive counseling (3-6 hour sessions) for children, adults, and families
- Groups- Mindfulness for Adults, Mindfulness for Children, Girls Groups, Womens’ Groups.
- Testing and diagnosis, including IEE’s
- On- site consultation for schools
- On-site trainings for schools- Mindful Mindset, Brain Training, Executive Functioning Skills, and Connected Communication.
- Trainings/Workshops: Brain Training/Optimization, Stress Management with Mindful Mindset, Money Mindset, and Connected Communication.
- On- site consultation for corporations and businesses
- Executive Coaching